Last updated: March 2, 2017
The Purpose of the Policy
We take your privacy seriously. We provide this Policy so that you understand how we treat the information that you provide us as you use the Service (“Collected Information,” detailed below).
This Policy applies only to information collected via the Service. It may not apply to information that we may collect offline (for example, via phone calls). We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any material changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately as soon as we give you notice of them, which we may do by means including but not limited to issuing an email to the email address listed by registered users and/or posting the revised Policy on this page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and consent to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
Please direct any questions about this Policy to:
Visible Logic, Inc.
142 High Street, Suite 615
Portland, ME 04101
How We Collect Information
We collect information in these ways:
- User-Provided Information. We ask you to manually provide us with your email address, name, contact information and other information at the time that you create an account. At other times during your use of the Service, we may also ask you for other information, such as information regarding your business, your thoughts on branding and advertising, and other information that Branding Compass will use to deliver the Service.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically collect or generate information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer; web pages that you access within the Service; geographic information; a unique user ID; the type of browser, device or operating system you use; the version of our our software that you are using; referring services or websites; search information; and usage and browsing information.
We refer to all of the information described in this section as “Collected Information.”
How We Use Collected Information
We use Collected Information to deliver services to you, for billing purposes, and for communicating with you about the Service.
We will never use your private customer information for our own purposes, except as expressly described in this Policy.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose Collected Information to Others
We will not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose Collected Information to anyone, except:
- to provide payment-related information to financial services and credit card processing companies in order to process payment transactions;
- where necessary for us to work with third-party companies that we use to provide the Service (“Third-Party Services,” detailed below);
- to disclose such information in response to a court order or investigation or where otherwise required by law; or
- to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets involving Visible Logic, Inc.
Third-Party Services will handle Collected Information pursuant to their own privacy and security policies, so we encourage you to read those services’ own policies. By using our Service, you consent to our providing Collected Information with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
The security of your Collected Information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that your Collected Information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you consent to our using your Collected Information as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of Collected Information except as stated expressly in this Policy.