Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take?
Most business owners complete their Branding Compass online discovery workbook in less than an hour. You will receive your personalized report within minutes of submitting your workbook.
If you are having us design a logo for you, the process usually takes about a week start-to-finish, after we receive your initial input.
I’m not done, can I save my work?
Yes, just click on the blue button at the top of every page that says “Don’t lose your work, register now.” You can then save your workbook and return to it later. When you come back to Branding Compass, just click login in the top right corner.
Also, you can click the blue “back” button at the bottom of your workbook to move back to an earlier page and change your answers.
What’s included with my report?
Your report will be about 10-20 pages. It will include:
- educational information about branding
- a personalized explanation of your key brand attributes
- examples of other brands that share these key traits
- color, typography and design recommendations
- checklists packed with clear next steps to get your branding going
If you have chosen the Comprehensive package, you will also receive:
- our Brand Alignment chart. This shows you which words are the best to use and which words you should avoid. Many people use this as a way to asses market/product fit because it shows where you are connecting to your ideal customers and where you are not.
- a review of your competitors so you can easily see how to differentiate from them.
- a highly visual ideal customer profile.
- advice on writing in speaking in a way that supports your brand, plus a word cloud that shows you the words you frequently use.
- even more customized advice on design, writing, marketing and branding.
If you have a premium license, you will also receive an individual consultation.
Do I get a logo?
Yes, if you choose to upgrade to include a logo with your report.
What is a wordmark logo?
Branding Compass offers wordmark logos. These are logos that feature the company name only and do not have a graphic symbol. Read more about the benefits of wordmark logo.
My business has changed, can I keep adjusting the answers in my workbook and get a new report?
You may access and edit your workbook anytime. We encourage you to keep using the tool to refine your Unique Value Proposition and finesse your small business branding. If you’d like to order an additional report, finish updating your workbook first, then order a updated report.
My team wants to use this tool together, how does that work?
We recommend that each team member go through the process individually. This allows for all voices to be heard equally. If you are buying 5 or more licenses we offer group discounts, contact us to arrange this.
Additionally, we can provide a customized review of the different reports and share with you a summary of where is agreement and where there are differences and help you gain clarity about the vision for your brand. We are also available for facilitated sessions either in person or by video conferencing. Contact us to learn more.